Get me outta here!

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Recipe: Pasta with Kale and Beans

Ingredients
Pasta
Kale
Bell pepper
Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
Onion
Garlic
Soy cream
Sriracha
Olive oil
Apple vinegar (white white or rice vinegar works as well)
Cane sugar or agave syrup (or your sweetener of choice)
Majoram
Basil
Origano
Rosemary
Cayenne pepper
Pepper
Salt

Cook the pasta and while it's cooking heat some olive oil and saute the garlic, pepper and onion. Add the kale and keep stirring. I used frozen kale because I didn't have any fresh one at hand but both work. Once everything is cooked through, add the beans and the spices and stir well. Then proceed by adding the cream (I used rice cream but next time I'm definitely using soy because the rice cream was too sweet for this dish) and stir everything together. Add a splash of vinegar and pinch of sugar or syrup (not to much of both, it's just to even out the taste a bit, you could also leave out the sugar but I added it because I had made it just a bit too spicy). Because I wanted a bit of an extra kick, I added some Sriracha as well but this is completely optional. Once the pasta is cooked, spoon your sauce over it, serve and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment